How to care for your Felt Hat
- Always handle your hat by the brim (Do not pinch the crown to pick it up as this will result in misshapen crowns and may split the felt.)
- Never rest your hat on its brim. Always turn it upside down and set it on the crown, so that the brim doesn't flatten out.
- Clean your hat regularly using a soft bristle brush
or a hat sponge; brush counter clockwise with the nap, starting at the bow.
- If you get caught in the rain, turn the sweatband out and let the hat stand on the crown until dry.
- Never apply direct heat to your hat as this will cause it to shrink and/or lose its shape.
- Always store your hat in a hat box to help keep it
clean and looking new.
How to care for your Straw Hat
If you have any further questions please contact us.
- If your straw hat gets wet allow it to dry at room temperature.
- Always handle your hat by its brim. Do not pinch the crown this will result in cracked straw and misshapen crowns.
- Never rest your straw hat on its brim. Always turn it upside down and set it on the crown, so that the brim doesn't flatten out.
- Dust your new straw hat with a soft bristle brush to keep it clean.
- Keep your hat stored in a cool dry place in a hat box to help it retain its shape and stay clean. (Especially out of season)